Saturday, July 19, 2014

July 9, 2014 Everglades Report

On a guide's day off I met up with my friend Carlos and headed down to the 'Glades for some shallow water redfishing. Conditions could not be more beautiful with zero wind, clear skies and the end of the out going tide. Being on the bow of a skiff is a rare occurrence for me and I fully enjoyed my time casting to ultra shallow water tailing redfish. The fishing proved tougher than we would have liked but ultra shallow slick clear water puts fish on edge and redfish are no exception. I tried feeding them flies but no takers. The fish we did get were on soft plastics cast 2' in front of them and worked inches from their mouths, a demanding endeavor requiring extreme casting accuracy but one worth pursuing. We finished the day with several nice fish released and surrounded by tailing redfish in about 6 inches of water. We had a ton of fun!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment