Sunday, October 4, 2015

October 4, 2015 Report (Snook!)

After a few days off I was itching to hit the water and waiting to get Bob and his son Noah on board. I love fall in Miami and I had a feeling things were going to be good. We started later than I would like but having to drive over an hour to get to the marina was understandable. At the marina under my boat was a school of pilchards. Thank you God! A few throws and I got enough bait for snook fishing. Pulling in to the first creek we staked off tossed a live bait in the water and while I showed Noah how to work the artificial lure things moved quickly. Rod doubles over, drag screams, Bob grabs the rod and fights a snook to the boat. Cool! We had a few more hits but they were a bit shy because it was later in the morning. Taking them to another spot we had fun with a number of fish and not so much fun losing 2-3 big groupers to the bottom. Urgh! Last spot produced a slob mutton snapper for Bob. Nice job Bob! Catching Biscayne Bay pink and gold, can't beat it!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment