Friday, March 3, 2017

March 2, 2017 AM & PM Reports

AM report Gail from NM was in town with bonefish on his mind so off to the flats we went. I was rather excited with a early morning incoming tide and calm conditions. We poled for a bit and saw no life on the flats in spite of really good current. OK, weird. Plan B. Chumming for bonefish resulted in one small stingray. Ouch! What the...? We ended the trip poling around some more with no life in sight. Not good! PM Report Well, I can admit I was hesitant to get out for my afternoon trip but there is a saying that goes "you don't know unless you go" so we went, Marco and Roberto from Italy. The goal was to catch fish and with thick cloud cover, bonefishing made no sense. I took them to a grass flat I like and boy what a difference a few hours makes. The guys tore it up to the point we stayed on the same flat for 3 hours with lots of fish being caught on lures and more on flies and we lost a big permit on fly to boot. Wow! On our second and last spot we stayed almost three hours as we couldn't keep fish out of the boat. The guys caught a bunch more trout, some jacks and hooked 4 and landed 1 nice shark, just in time to get poured on on our run in. What a day!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment