Friday, January 1, 2016

December 29, 2015 Report

Today was a two trip day for me and it started with John and his son Mason from Georgia. John had mentioned to me over the phone and again when we met up in the morning that they were trying to determine if they would like fishing in order to upgrade their boat back home. Running to our first spot of the morning proved to be the only spot necessary today as the fishing was solid with tons of screaming drags and fish coming to the boat. Using artificial lures and a steady retrieve that they are used to in the bass fishing they do back home they quickly mastered the art of saltwater fishing. We had a blast laughing, keeping the rods bent and giving the reels a workout. What a way to start the morning!
My afternoon trip was a completely different situation. I had Ilia and my Mahmoud on board. Ilia and Mahmoud are from Germany and Mahmoud is a professional soccer player and rising star. Neither one of them had ever fished before and I was eager to show them what fishing is all about. I took a few minutes to teach them how to cast and work the lure and they quickly began to get it done. Ilia scored first and Mahmoud began to lag behind but made up for it and gain ground towards the end of the trip. Tossing lures Mahmoud did have a close call as you see in this picture. His plans to start a family almost ended a abruptly!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment