Monday, May 1, 2017

April 24, 2017 AM & PM Reports

AM Regular client David fished with me this morning and the fishing was shut down courtesy of some major weather yesterday that caused me to cancel both trips. There were very few Tarpon around and they wouldn't eat. We decided to shark fish where David hooked two monsters but lost both. PM Sometimes it pays to wait and Tom waited out the storms yesterday and we fished today instead. With fly rod in hand and gorgeous conditions we hit the flats for bonefish where he had a few shots. Then, a school of mudding bonefish appear, I pole into position and Tom drops the fly perfectly in front of the school. I yell "strip, strip!, Tom strips and I hear "I'm on!". The big bonefish began to clear the fly line, the rod bent and then it went limp. Turns out the fly line wrapped around the reel and the fish broke off. Urgh!!! We wrapped up the day with a few shots at permit and tarpon. Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment