Tuesday, December 10, 2019

December 9, 2019 Report (Bonefish Video)

Today I had the pleasure of fishing with 84 year old Diane and her fishing partner Santiago from Argentina. We started off with some shots at a couple of permit and then started to get more more shots at bonefish. Eventually we had one eat but didn't get hooked so we continued until I spotted 3 fish coming in at our 11 o'clock about 60'. I called it out to Santiago and he made a perfect cast. I instructed him to let the fly sink then yelled "strip, strip, strip!" As he did one of the bonefish peeled off from the school, tailed on the fly, missed it tracked it again, tailed again on the fly and finally got hooked. During the long run I saw a shark move in so I had to stop recording video and chase the bonefish with the motor in order to make noise and spoke away the shark. However, something happened that I thought was truly amazing, as I chased the bonefish down all of a sudden he stopped running and the line started to take a weird angle right to the bottom. Lo and behold the bonefish had lodged himself between a coral head and the bottom seeking protection from the shark. Some encouragement later the bonefish took off and we got him in the net for some Santiago's biggest bonefish to date. I can tell you this fish did more for me than for some Santiago as I've had a few trips already where we've had tons of shots at bonefish and some permit and can't seem to connect. Well after this one I will be sleeping well tonight!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment