Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 17, 2017 Report (Video, post Hurricane Irma Charter)

Wow, thanks to Irma today is my first day back on the water after 16 days off! I can't remember the last time I was off for such an extended period of time. Anyway, I was eager to get back to work today and Brian from NY was my client. He was here for a conference that almost got cancelled but it just got pushed back a day. He and I are happy to report that all is back to normal in Miami and South Beach with hotels having full power and businesses fully operational. Our weather was absolutely gorgeous today and with fly rod in hand we began our day. Even 6 days after the hurricane the water was very dirty and the fishing was generally slow but oh the mullet run! The mullet run has begun and we took advantage of it by fishing off South Beach and witnessing schools of mullet getting devoured by tarpon, snook and jacks. This is primarily a live bait game but we used flies and soft plastics and hooked one tarpon that came off after the second jump and then a second tarpon ate the fly but never got hooked. The mullet run is here, I'm ready to hit the water again and capitalize on this annual phenomenon. Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment