Thursday, July 9, 2020

90 Minutes of Magic July 9, 2020 Report

Wait, let me catch my breath! The plan was for my daughter and I to go fishing in the Everglades for a few hours but when I tried to wake her up it was a "no". So, I hitched up the skiff and headed out on my own. A couple of minutes into my run to spot 1 I saw some fishing busting on the surface so I took out the fly rod and caught a bunch of fun lady fish for about 15 minutes. Having warmed up I got to my first spot, and that's all I needed. The first 10 casts produced 10 hookups on snook, landing 4 and losing 6 on jumps. The rest of my time was very similar but not quite 10 for 10. For the entire 90 minutes I fished that spot it was fish landed, hooked or lost on almost every cast! I called it quits after catching a nice redfish (I had lost 3 or 4 reds prior) and having released close to or about 2 dozen snook. It was awesome and I had the special treat of watching a saw fish swim right by the boat. Such a great day in Everglades National Park!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment