Friday, July 3, 2020

This one really hurt June 29, 2020 Report

Wow, this one really hurt. I mean, really hurt. My morning started with Jake from Illinois who had booked me for bonefish. We met up at 6:30am and headed out expecting slick calm conditions making bonefishing so much easier and exciting but that's not what we got. There was a bit of a breeze enough to make a light chop that increased the difficulty 3 fold. No worries, I got this. I made a run to the oceanside flats and overcame the poor visibility courtesy of a Saharan dust storm blown our way but fishing an edge that I like and waiting for fish to swim over the white sand bottom. Just as planned, the rod doubled over and Jake was on to a big bonefish. After a long run and awesome fight we got the fish next to the boat but broke off on the Power Pole before I could get it in the net. Ouch!!! A bit later Jake hooked another fish about 6 pounds but spit the hook on the initial run. What's going on here? Jake wanting some steady action to finish the day so we did at a snapper spot. Well, I won't be sleeping well tonight after losing those two fish.
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment