Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July 30, 2018 Report (Video)

I had a scheduled day off today but when I got the call the fish with Matt in his wife Carla I had a hard time passing it up. So off we went today for a quick half day trip. After loading up bait, the high winds had blown out the snook and tarpon spots which is very unusual for this time of year. We decided to do some trout fishing were Carla caught the 1st one on the 1st cast but after that it was a dead zone. I decided to hit a jack and tarpon spot and boy did that payoff. However, some weird things happened today! Carla had the hot hand as to begin with and put the number big jack's wearing her out and having to hand the right off the mad a few times. Soon after met God a hot hand as well and kept the rods bent with drag screaming jacks. Seeing some tarpon rolling around we drifted off a bait back and Carla hooked the tarpon, got a nice jump out of it but it came off. Then Matt hooks another fish which turns out it was about a 3 and a 1/2 foot barracuda that jumped in the air like a tarpon. This is where it gets weird. Then out of nowhere as he's fighting the fish something significant hits me in the leg and it turns out the barracuda jumped out of the water, hit my leg and landed in the water on the opposite side of the boat! Whew, with those sharp teeth that was a close call! We landed the big barracuda but when I tried to use the landing tool it shook its head and cut the leader. A few minutes later some unidentified flying organism hit my shoulder out of nowhere. What's going on today? We continued incredibly hot fishing until all the bait ran out and we called it A-day a few minutes early. I'd love ending the month this way! Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment