Monday, March 18, 2019

March 16, 2019 Report

I was supposed to fish with Scott and his son but I had engine problems and had to cancel the trip so I was eager to get out today especially with Rob. He and I always have a blast with today being no exception. I changed it up today and took him to the Everglades where he had never been. I had dreams of snook, reds, tarpon and trout on fly. What we got was extremely milky, dirty water from the last few days of wind and challenging conditions. I had to find clean water so I ran to the gulf and it still took a few miles north to locate cleaner water. Once I did we found some tarpon off the beach and missed a snook and some other fish on fly while catching jacks along the way and having a couple of shots at mudding redfish. Fed up with the tough conditions, we put the boat back on the trailer and launched on the "inside" of the Everglades where we fished pints and had snook follow the fly and catch a few more jacks and snapper. Definitely not an easy day and I was highly disappointed.
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFIshing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment