Sunday, April 28, 2019

April 21, 2019 Report

Well, Sunday in Biscayne Bay is always interesting around Key Biscayne and today was no exception. I had a full day charter with Mark for tarpon and we spent most of the morning looking for them. I found a few just south of South Beach but they came and went rather quickly. Tarpon magic trick? I did find sharks and dropped a bait and Mark was hooked up in short order. With a 4' black tip close to the boat I saw an 8' bull shark chase it down, eat it and got hooked. Wow, what are the odds! Mark and I spent the next 2 hours and 40 minutes fighting the massive fish dodging freighters, cruise ships, tour boats, on lookers, jet skis and more, wow! Once out of the channel the stubborn massive bull straightened the hook and broke our hearts. The day ended on the bridges tarpon fishing but they had lock jaw. I gotta say, Mark is 70 years old and tough as nails!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFIshing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment