Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Snook on Fly and on everything else! June 22, 2020 Report

It's hot but not just the weather, the fishing in the Everglades continues to be just awesome and so much fun! Last night I looked at the forecast and decided I couldn't live with myself if I didn't fish the Everglades today. With my family loaded up we took off and drove an hour into the Everglades. My goal was to finally break in my "new" personal fly rod and reel I bought over a year ago. Arriving at our first spot, I baited up the girls, kept them at the back of the boat and made one cast with a spinning reel and lure to "test the waters". Well, it was one cast, one snook and broke out the fly rod. A few casts later with the fly rod and I had the rod broken in with a little snook. Finally tally on fly was 4 snook hooked, three landed and lost a big snook on the first jump. Lures were definitely the choice today but my fiance Jeanny landed a nice snook on bait and the total tally was close to or about a dozen snook, some reds and trout and jacks and catfish (my daughters favorite) on bait. The highlight however, was a manatee that came to the boat and allowed the girls pet it. So cool!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment