Saturday, September 18, 2021

The fun duo August 30, 2021

I had two great local kids today in Eli and Jackson.  These 16 year olds wanted to try fly fishing for bonefish and we started off working the leeward side of a point where there are usually bonefish swimming through as we tried to stay out of the usually high wind courtesy of hurricane Ida.  The boys worked on the double haul I taught them and they picked it up quicker than most but we didn't hook any bones.  Spot two was desolate so I thought I timed the tides right but once we got to where I wanted the tide hadn't turned.  With about an hour left in the trip the boys decided to catch fish versus hunt for bonefish so I took them to a wreck where they caught a bunch of snappers and runners with Jackson outfishing Eli on fly.  What, more fish on fly than bait?  Yes!  Today fly was the hot ticket but in the end is was a draw.  






Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment