Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Beginners March 28, 2022

Paul hadn't fished in over 20 years and 10 year old Will had never fished before and Paul wanted Will to try fishing.  Very cool!  I took them to a spot that usually holds all kinds of easy fish to catch and taught them how to cast a spinning rod.  Paul was on it but Will took some time until he got the hang of it and Will quickly started to rack up the numbers on mangrove snappers.  When he almost had his fill I started to see tarpon rolling so we set up on them, drifted back a live crab and a big shrimp and waited.  But, as I looked at my Raymarine it was showing a bunch of tarpon and other things under the boat so I rigged up a medium rod on a jig and shrimp and had them drop it down.  Seconds later they were catching small red grouper, mutton snappers, big blue runners and lane snappers.  The tarpon baits never got hit but they could care less, they were busy hauling in fish.  Nice! 



Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment