Wednesday, March 16, 2022

It's not always sunny pictures March 15. 2022

The wind continues to howl since Saturday with today a steady 20 MPH gusting higher and I had two trips today.  The morning trip was with John and his son Dillon and we split the fishing between spin and fly fishing.  I located some tarpon and Dillon threw flies at them while John threw live shrimp but today they wouldn't play.  I was limited as to where we could fish because of the wind and almost constant rain but we ended catching a few jacks on fly before heading in.  

After going through what I did in the morning I warned Matt and Grace of the fishing and weather as they stood on the dock and asked them to think it through.  They thought it through and they we in so I idled out of the marina with only slightly better conditions.  I found some tarpon by a bridge and invested some time but no bites all the while taking waves over the bow in the rough water courtesy of a stiff 20 plus MOH east wind.  With the tide about perfect for bonefish I took them bonefishing and Matt caught his first bonefish.  Whew, I'm starting to feel better!  Then Grace says she wants to catch fish to eat so off we went to the spot that barely had any fish in the morning.  OK, it shouldn't come as a surprise at this point that the spot was really good with them landing a bunch of snappers, jacks, blue runners, big mojarras and small mutton snappers.  When it was time to head back Matt had scored his first bonefish, Grace had her fish to eat and the weather had cleared up significantly.  Wow, what a day.  I've been beat up and pounded by the weather all day.  I'm exhausted!  


 


Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment