Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Double Thursday March 17, 2022

The days have been merging one into the other with charters coming out of my ears and I lose track of time so I just realized today is St. Patrick's Day. Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

Maria was up first in the morning with fly rod in hand.  Maria and I have been fishing for years and and not only is she deadly with the flyrod but more importantly she is an amazing person that I love to spend time with.  I picked a snook shoreline and tied on a white baitfish pattern fly so Maria could blind cast the shoreline but first we had to blind cast the schools of mullet that were being popped by snook.  With no snook eating our fly we moved on to the shoreline where we had one snook bust on her fly but not get hooked and then another one track it out of the mangroves close to the boat before spooking out.  As we moved on to a shipwreck I noticed a giant mullet mud and tied on a mackerel fly that quickly yielded two bluefish before we moved on.  Once at the wreck Maria caught a few blue runners and ended the day with a small black grouper on fly.  



In the afternoon I had Dan, 12 year old David and 10 year old Harlen and we went straight to shark fishing that was on fire.  Here we hooked about 6 and got three to the boat, two for Davis and one for Dan.  The trip ended on another wreck where the kids figured out how to outsmart the trigger fish and snappers and loaded up cleaning out my livewell of the remaining live shrimp.  Thanks guys! 





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment