Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Insanity!!! March 29, 2022

Local long time client Alec was on board with his friend, first time fisherman Mark.  The morning started snook fishing and missing a couple of bites on lures.  Switching off to bonefish we tried to get Mark a bonefish but things were slow.  I'm starting to get worried.  I took them to three more spots that usually produce and they were slow.  Oh, oh!  Hmmm, it's spring......

I ran across the bay keeping a close eye out and I found what I was looking for, a giant mullet mud.  In the spring mullet migrate back north and in the process they flood the center of the bay creating giant plumes of mud and attracting all sorts of predators.  I set up with the trolling motor, had the guys cast lures and it was insanity as the guys were catching bluefish, ladyfish, big blue runners and jacks on almost every cast with a few black tip sharks rushing in to eat our fish.  I was working like crazy and then Alec tells me we've be at it for two solid hours of non stop catching.  Wow!  The last ten minutes before we headed back was literally fish on every cast.  Pure insanity!  





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment