Saturday, March 12, 2022

Oh it started! March 12, 2022

Ha, the forecast was right for once!  Boy that wind, oh my!  Mike and Corey had a half day with me today and when we idled out of the marina the wind wasn't too bad, the water temps were great and we had just about the perfect tide for tarpon and bonefish.  Stop one was the same bridge where I found some tarpon yesterday and the hunt began.  As I scanned the bridge with my Raymarine I could see 2-3 tarpon on every other span but no big numbers like yesterday.  The biggest group we saw was about 6 fish, not enough to keep me there fishing 6 fish plus something in my gut compelled me to go bonefishing instead.  I moved off the bridge, made a run to a bonefish flat and staked off in order to mitigate some of the now 18 MPH winds.  I was happy we were in a bit of a lee and the tide was pouring out so I was feeling like we were where we needed to be.  Thank God I was proven right because just a few minutes in the rod doubles over and Corey quickly tries to react before the rod straightened back up in almost an instant.  Dang it, that was the first bonefish of the morning.  Just a few minutes later the rod doubles over again and this time the fish stayed on leading to Corey's first bonefish a few minutes later.  Yes!  After the release the wind started to increase and the fishing shut down.  The next spot yielded a bunch of snappers for Mike and the last spot was dead except for Mike's nice 5-7lb jack.  By this time the wind was all of 25 plus miles an hour and increasing by the minute.  Whew, we got it done before it got really bad.  





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment