Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May 31, 2015 Report

Local angler and regular client Alec and his brother Kevin were aboard this morning for a chance at bonefish, tarpon and permit. The early morning began tarpon fishing but with 3 hours fading without a bite we ran down to the flats. Things were slower than anticipated but at the end a school of big mudding bonefish pops up. I point them out, Alec sees them, makes a precision cast and I see the school move over the bait and mud! I scream "reel!", Alec reels and comes tight to a big bonefish. The school spooks into the channel and his fish follows, peeling line at break neck speed. Suddenly the fish does a 180 and heads towards a stretch of coral heads and before I could jump off the platform and follow the fish with the motor he cut us off. NO! We ended the day with a shot at a nice permit. Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment