Friday, August 28, 2015

August 25, 2015 Report (Guides Day Off Adventure, Flats Boat in the Stream!)

On my day off local angler Joey and I decided to move off the flats and into a bit deeper water. Armed with lures and a sense of adventure we launched my flats boat and headed offshore. Arriving in 800' of water and finding some weed lines the second weed line paid off with the quarry we sought, mahi mahi (dolphin as we call them in Miami). I really wanted to catch dolphin on fly but as we hooked fish and left them in the water none of their companions would follow them to the boat leaving me without targets to throw a fly at. At the end of our 2 1/2 hour trip we had hooked 6-8 fish and kept two for dinner. Very cool morning!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment