Thursday, August 17, 2023

Tank! August 11, 2023

Eric and his son Will booked me for a full day, in August!  They wanted to mix it up but with the conditions we had I told them we would start off bonefishing.  I had to fish a different area than I usually do for bonefish for a few different reasons but we hit it just right and those bonefish were pouring through big time!  This would be a short window of opportunity and they have been schooling in a different area than normal but we were ready.  The guys made some casts at these schools but the bones would move off just enough to avoid our live shrimp.  Another school was moving through and Will made a long cast WAY in front of the school, like 30' in front, and waited.  This time he hooked up and it was on!  A long fight later and some brutal beat down of my reel's drag, Will got his double digit bonefish to the boat.  Wow!  Quite honestly, I can't remember what happened the rest of the trip since I am writing this about a week later and that bonefish was the highlight.  Anyway, it was a good trip and fantastic for Will! 




Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment