Thursday, April 11, 2024

Fun week of April 7-11, 2024

Oh yeah this has been a fun week.  The early part of the week had great conditions and then the wind increased as the week progressed but that is typical of April.  My week began with Chris and Franz for a day of rod bending fun.  The guys caught a bunch of species but no bonefish.  Ah man that stinks, until Chris hooked a small permit and made my day.  The following day I had Jeremy and his dad Chuck for some fly fishing.  We started off looking for small tarpon on fly and got a couple of surface bites from either lady fish or jacks but it was a swing and miss.  A the day hit the 3/4 mark we switched off to bone fishing and the guys each got their first bonefish and on fly, an 8lber and a 10 lier, wow!  We wrapped up the day in the increasing wind throwing top waters for snook and we lost one big snook next to the boat and missed 3 more explosives bites and lost a nice trout next o the boat.  The day before I had a day off, and an appointment to fix my PowerPoles, I fished two trips.  My morning was with repeat client Joe and his priest father Turner.  These guys are great and at 90 years old, father Turner is still going strong.  With pretty significant wind all morning I decided to stay close to shore and it paid off with Joe landing his first snook on a free lined shrimp and father Turner landed a bunch of snappers, some being small so his nick name for the trip was "Micro Snapper Slaying Turner".  LOL. The final trip was with Hesham from Chicago and we were fly fishing for whatever would eat a fly.  I took him to a bay that had a ton of migrating mullet but no hook ups although we had either snook of jacks blow up on his fly a couple of times.  With bone fishing being slow we started to work some mullet muds and sure enough it paid off.  Hesham got a nice snook on fly and then a nice jack before it was time to head in.  The wind was getting tougher but Hesham could throw a fly really well and that made a huge difference.  Well, I'm off today having some repair done to the skiff but I'll be out tomorrow.  Stay tuned! 









Capt.  Mo Estevez 

786-853-1409

www.MiamiBonefishing.com

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment