Thursday, May 30, 2024

What a way to end the month! May 24-31, 2024

What a way to end the month but it was not all good news at first.  My Saturday charter was with regular local client Barry and we were fishing out of Key Biscayne on Memorial Day weekend.  Not good.  But, he was there for a few nights and couldn't drive south so the plan was to meet him there and well that's when things went sideways.  With HUGE amounts of boat traffic at the marina, I arrived at 6:45AM only to find out the marina was already full and closed.  What?!  I had to tell Barry to reschedule and I drove an hour and a half back home.  Ouch!  My Sunday trip was also with a regular long time client, Alex and out of the same marina in Key Biscayne.  This time we started at 6:30AM and I launched out of Homestead at 5:30AM and ran by boat an hour north to Key Biscayne.  Everything went well after that but the marinas were already 3/4 full by 5:30Am.  Crazy!  Oh, back to fishing.  It was slow overall but Alex hooked and lost a tarpon and his buddy Kai caught a bunch of snappers and jacks.  I took Monday off and declined a few trips, my mental health s more important.  However, I had long time client Ken on board out of Homestead with his kids Gianna and Haram.  He wanted to make sure they caught a bunch of fish regardless of size so the kids caught endless snappers until they got bored.  At this point we target bonefish and were able to hook two and land one, nice!  My last trip of the month was Chris and his son Luke targeting bonefish.  It was on fire!  We had slick calm conditions, falling tide and great moon phase.  The end result was tons of shots at schools of bonefish coming in all directions.  We hooked four and landed two.  Not great odds but it was one of those mornings where landing bonefish was almost guaranteed.  That's what early morning bone fishing is like in the summer and it didn't disappoint.  






Capt.  Mo Estevez 

786-853-1409

www.MiamiBonefishing.com

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment