Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 5th, 2013

Today I had the pleasure of fishing with Gary and Joel for a 6 hous of fun rod bending action. We had a strong 20MPH east wind that made fishing challenging but I made sure my guys had a great time and caught fish. Fishing the outgoing tide, we chummed the South Bay finger channels and freelined live shrimp behind the boat and had steady action on mangrove snappers, yellowtail snappers,mutton snappers and grouper. We lost 4-5 monster fish including a big black grouper right under the boat. In the clear water, I motored on top of the big black grouper which we hooked on 8lb test and promptly rocked itself and watched him give in to the max pressure we could apply. Sadly, he rocked himself again for good and we admited defeat. We were able to land a nice black grouper but wished the other 4-5 fish, some of which I am certain were big mutton snappers, would have been landed on our 10lb braid.

No comments:

Post a Comment