Thursday, August 22, 2013

SaltLife Optics Review

Hi there everyone, for about a month now I have been using SaltLife Optics sunglasses and they have by far become my new favorite pair. With Zeiss lenses and top quality Italian frames, they truly are the “Rolls Royce” of fishing sunglasses. Sight fishing the flats everyday, these glasses actually help me do my job better. They cut glare like no other in the industry, do not distort the true color of the environment and colors “pop” creating a better contrast between fish and bottom, the lenses repel water with a RainX effect and are lightweight to the point you forget you are wearing them. Check them out at www.SaltLife.com and you can read my full review at below. Lenses: Visibility through these lenses is extremely sharp and the colors “pop” off the background. The color distortion was negligible with the amber lens which allowed me to experience greater contrast between fish and bottom. I noticed the glare is significantly neutralized which offers a great advantage while on the water. There is no lens distortion around the extreme edges of the lenses and found them light and very comfortable to wear. There were instances where I was poling slightly into the sun and the glare was very pronounced yet I was able to spot a school of permit because of the masterful work the lenses did in eliminating much of the glare. Salt spray comes right off the lenses due to the water repellent coating in the lenses which give them a RainX effect. Frames: The frames are light weight and have a nice modern look to them making them fashionable performance frames, very appealing. They have a soft, rubbery feel that molds to your shape making them very comfortable to wear. I like the oversized sides on the frame where they touch the temple as it looks good and it functions to block out peripheral light. One great aspect of these frames is how light they are allowing for all day comfort while on the water. I have been wearing the LaJolla frames and absolutely love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment