Sunday, July 3, 2022

"Big Chungus" almost died June 27, 2022

LOL  That's the only way to start this report about my trip with Mike and his son Aaron from North Dakota.  The guys jumped in the boat and Aaron had the biggest two piece conventional rod I've ever seen and he called it "Big Chungus".  Hilarious!  We went off to the flats to shark fish and try to catch a shark on "Big Chungus" but dad Mike had the hot hand and quickly landed two on my big spinning rods.  Then, then, then, a nice sized lemon shark tailed on Aaron's bait and he hooked up on his rod.  The whole episode lasted 30 seconds before he got spooled with no way to stop the nice lemon shark.  OK, "Big Chungus" is dead!  Aaron hooked a few more on my rods but they coming off until with about 10 minutes before we had to head in a big lemon eat his bait and we finally got his shark to the boat.  Close call my friend! RIP "Big Chungus"...






Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment