Saturday, August 6, 2022

Happy 4th of July 2022

Happy Fourth of July! I had two cool guys fishing with me today but boy I was not looking 
forward to fishing in the Mayhem that is typically Fourth of July in Biscayne Bay. 
However getting to the marina I was surprised to find that it was largely empty and our 
half day trip turned out to be pretty relaxing with much fewer boats on the water than I 
had anticipated. I had two Mikes today with the first Mike being at the dock right on 
time and the second Mike oversleeping. The first Mike and I fished for a while around key 
Biscayne where he lost a nice snook and caught a couple of red grouper until the second 
Mike called that he would be at the boat ramp in 30 minutes. We headed back, picked up 
the second mike and hit the flats for sharks. But it was a frustrating situation with 
tons of sharks coming in onto the flats but refusing to eat our baits. One Mike got a 
bonnet head shark and the other Mike caught a nice big barracuda but we struck out on the 
big sharks hundred to 200 pounders.



Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment