Monday, September 26, 2022

A day of one 'fers September 19, 2022

Alain was back in town and as always he wanted to fish.  We've been fishing for almost ten years and it's always good to fish with him.  I picked him up and the conditions were gorgeous so off we headed to the first spot, the port of Miami.  Here we set up and fished live pilchards I bought from one of my commercial bait guys and freelined them behind the boat in the current.  It started slow but then he started catching nice fat school master snappers and then sporty 7lb jacks.  We also lost a couple of really nice fish that broke us off after a prolonged fight.  All of a sudden I see a small 40lb tarpon roll and and I fired a live pilchard at it which lasted about 30 seconds before he inhaled it.  I handed the rod to Alain and the tarpon ran and jumped spitting the hook.  Ouch!  Ok, off to the flats for his favorite fish, sharks.  They were MIA in the hot 89 degree water and slow moving tide.  Once the tide turned we fished another spot where he hooked and lost a monster snook before we wrapped it up.  It was a cool day with plenty of rod bending fish but dang we couldn't keep the trophy fish on the line.    


Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment