Saturday, November 5, 2022

A Change in the Wind November 4, 2022

Two trips today once again.  the morning trip was with Vic and Billy.  They reminded me the last time we fished they only caught a flounder.  Oh, tough day that day.  Well, I wanted to make it up on this trip and they were up for bonefish so off we went, me stressing out hoping the craziness would continue today.  Ah, it took a little longer than usual (I've been REALLY spoiled), but after about an hour and a half we finally connected with Billy hooking up first but losing the right at our feet.  Dang it!  Next was Vic and he didn't forgive, landing his first bonefish of the morning.  This continued with good regularity until the guys decided they wanted to head in early.  The total tally was 5 bonefish landed out of 9 hooked.  Off to my afternoon trip.  


It's funny to me how things work.  I pay attention to most everything that happens on the water but miss a bunch of stuff in real life, like my wife asking me to do things around the house. LOL  Anyway, towards the end of the morning trip the wind started to kick up and when I read the forecast for Saturday the winds were cranking up to 20+ MPH.  As I waited for Patrick, my afternoon trip, the wind kept increasing until we got on the water a bit after noon.  Turns out the fishing was completely shut down at this point although water clarity was good, water temps were the same, the wind was ass bad as in the past were we've caught plenty of fish including bonefish but it may have been an approaching front/low pressure.  Anyway, we fished all over creation, no bonefish, missed a snook, caught a few cudas and jacks and snappers but no bonefish.  Although Patrick was happy and was a great guy, inside I was so frustrated.  Urgh!  


Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment