Thursday, January 19, 2023

Dealing with Cold January 11-18, 2023

Boy oh boy did I get my wish.  Over the summer I wanted a nice cold winter, well I got it!  We got a second cold front that dropped the air temperature into the high 30's to the point where one morning on my way to work we had frost on the roof, in South Florida!  The water temps were 60 degrees by the marina and a few degrees warmer on the oceanside of the bay.  This cold air has sat over us for a few night keeping the water temps low and the fishing tough but the day before the cold front I fished with Kivi and Charlie and nailed it with nice yellow jacks and snappers the guys wanted for dinner.  After the cold front everything changed as expected.  The first trip was with long time clients Joe and Kim and it was desolation even during the warmer incoming tide that raised the water temps a few degrees.  The following trip was with Arman, Jonah and Daniel and we had a good trip with several snook landed plus snappers and other species for dinner.  By this time the water temps were a bit better and I was looking forward to better fishing with Todd from Boston but boy was I wrong.  Even though we had better water temps and perfect conditions fishing was tough.  I found just a few tarpon in the early morning and then some in the afternoon but smaller fish and just a few here and there.  We worked hard and fished all over creation for all kinds of species but nothing to get excited about.  No snook, no bonefish but Todd did hook a really nice mystery fish on lures in the early morning but it broke us off.  I can't wait for this to turn around, I'm sure it will in the next day or so, it always does! 







Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment