Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January 20, 2020 Report

I can honestly tell you that this job has a surprise waiting at every turn, whether it's weather, fish, clients, crazy stuff happening on the water, it really keeps me on my toes with today being one of those days. I had given a colleague of mine a trip for Sunday because I was already booked with Dan and Lee but my buddy's engine acted up and canceled the trip. So, I ended up taking Francisco and Marco instead today. They were anxious to bend a fly rod and mix it up with spin gear. I took them to try and get a tarpon but they were on a diet so we ditched the prized gamefish hunt and focused on bending the fly rod. After a couple of slow spots, the last one paid off and it was on! They caught jacks, pompano, snappers on spin and fly but that wasn't the highlight. Francisco hooked up something nice and fought it for a bit and then it comes to the surface. A black drum!!!!!!! I never have, and no one I know has ever seen or caught a black drum in Biscayne Bay as these fish are mostly int he Everglades. This was awesome and a thrill for me. I explained to the guys why I was so excited but they still thought I was crazy. LOL!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment