Saturday, March 7, 2020

March 5, 2020 AM & PM Report

AM Report This morning I had Sal, his friend Nico and Sal's mom Anna aboard for tarpon bonefish and permit. I went back to the same spot from yesterday and the tarpon were THICK! With slick calm water and the weather getting warmer by the hour we set up on rolling, finning, laid up tarpon and went to work. Using two live baits and several artificial lures they stood no chance, I thought. We worked those fish for 4 hours and got one bite on the artificial which the big tarpon missed. With time running out I took the boys to several spots where they caught jacks and snappers before calling it a day. Oh, wait I almost forgot. Nico, yes Nico, lost a massive snook and a few other really nice fish. What's up with the Nico? LOL
PM Report I really was on the fence with my afternoon trip, should I try to find redemption with tarpon from my morning trip or just go catch fish? I asked Butch, who brought along his wife Pepa and her sister Marisol from Chile and he said he just wanted to catch fish. Ok, so I took them to a finger channel and that is all we needed. The live well was cleaned out 3 hours later going through almost 100 baits and catching snapper, jack crevalle, horse eye jacks, yellow jacks, big progies, chubs and losing a nice black tip that devoured a fish Butch had on. So cool! They took home some fish for dinner and we called it early since they had gotten their fill of hot action!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment