Monday, December 13, 2021

Not this time Mike December 13-17, 2021

 Wow, what a rough week for Mike and I as we fly fished this week.  I had started to notice a downward trend on my trip with Gabby and Bella as the fishing started to slow but wow this was humbling.  We fished most of the days out of Homestead and one day out of Key Biscayne.  All in all Mike caught fish but they were all small.  The highlight was us snook fishing at the end of one of the days and he mentions how he would like to catch a snook off the mangroves.  Ha, 30 minutes later a snook eats his fly tossed into the mangroves and he was once again spoiled.  In my search for action for Mike I took him offshore on a calm morning to fly fish for big mackerel but there were 6-8 other boats at the spot in 80' of water live baiting and no one caught anything except for Mike who got his first bonita on fly.  Go figure!  Tough week for sure.  




Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment