Friday, April 28, 2023

It's all a matter of timing April 22, 2023

Chester and I have fished plenty before and he brought his friend Mike along this time and man I was really hoping for a decent day because it has been tough.  The morning started with us looking for small tarpon to catch on top water lures.  I found some right where they should be but they were tough to convince to eat a plastic.  After fishing a few more spots for tarpon and snook and drawing blanks it was time to bonefish.  Once we started our bonefish hunt it was slow, really slow but eventually a schooled popped up and Mike got his first bonefish. Whew, that's a relief.  Now it's Chester's turn.  Chester really wanted to catch his first permit since he had already caught bonefish with me before but that looked like a tall order on a day like today.  I had just told him I tend to see permit in this area in the summer time when a school moved in and ate his live shrimp. Oh my Lord!!!!!  It was awesome and it happened moments before I told the guys we had to start heading in.  What timing Chester!!!!








Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing



No comments:

Post a Comment