Friday, April 28, 2023

The Grind has Begun :( April 21, 2023

I saw this coming as the new moon stayed at around 0-2% for far too long.  What this means is that fishing generally becomes tough for pretty much almost all species and this was proven today.  My morning trip was with Jordan and we went straight to fish for fun yellow jacks on light tackle.  We got there, hooked up almost immediately and then there was silence.  We moved around a lot looking for fish and settled on fishing for bonefish as everything else was slow.  Again, it was a grind but Jordan got his first bonefish, albeit a small 2 pounder, but it slipped back into the water before we could get a pic.  

My afternoon trip was a 6 boat trip I organized and I had Seth and George aboard.  Seth really wanted bonefish while George was here for the relaxation.  The first flat of the trip was great with a few schools of mudding bonefish but the casts were off just enough to have the bones miss the live shrimp.  While we were poling George caught a cool bonnet head shark.  OK, off to another spot and George was on pretty quickly to his first bonefish.  Yes!  It took a bit but Seth hooked up to a nice bone that eventually came off during one of the long runs.  Almost right before we called it a day Seth hooked up and landed his first bonefish.  I won't get into the details but this meant the world to Seth and of course to me as well.







Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment