Sunday, September 20, 2015

September 18, 2015 Report

I was out of North Key Largo today at the Ocean Reef Club where I picked up Jay and his wife Dhuy. This was just an incredible morning, slick calm, 76 degrees and clear skies. What a difference from yesterday! I had bonefish on my mind and when they jumped aboard and said "we'll fish for whatever you think is best" I slammed on the throttle and headed to one of my favorite bonefish spots in the area. Arriving we could already see schools of bones moving about, I love it! School after school moved through and Jay and Dhuy must have had well over a dozen to a dozen and a half shots at schools of cruising and tailing bonefish. Jay was on point with most of his casts and Dhuy made some good ones as well but no hook ups. HUH???? Several times they both laid out great casts and the fish would move over them almost guaranteeing a double hook up, but nothing. Several times I saw the schools mover over their baits, mill about for a few seconds and then leave. Unbelievable! Liking our wounds we decided to shark fish in order to win the friendly bet Jay had with his buddy on another boat. Ten minutes after setting up for sharks Jay gets a call from his buddy asking for a tow because their guide boat broke down. Off we went to tow the other boat in and call it a day. So frustrating!!!!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment