Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11, 2015 Report (Mahi mahi & snook!)

I can honestly tell you I hate 9/11, it brings back the worst of memories and still raw emotion but David was once again on board and I was excited at the prospect of this morning. Meeting up at the marina while still dark, we ran offshore for some dolphin (mahi mahi) fishing. Yep, in my 16' Hewes. The weedlines were scattered and few in number but we finally found one that had bait and lots of activity. While it yielded only one dolphin, David caught a number of small amberjack on bait and on a fly rod. The glass calm water was quickly disturbed by wind around 9:30am so we headed to an inshore snook spot where David got a nice snook and some tough fighting jacks. What a nice trip this morning with David catching his first dolphin and snook. I love it!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

1 comment:

  1. Mahi Mahi fishing in the keys next week, found some good prices on tackle here.

    ReplyDelete