Monday, September 28, 2015

September 27, 2015 Report (Snook fest!)

On a guides day off my buddy Chris and I took his micro skiff down to the Everglades for some relaxing fishing for snook, tarpon and redfish. While we didn't see many reds we didn't even notice their absence due to the presence of so many snook and tarpon. Our first shoreline at first light held tons of small tarpon but wouldn't eat a perfectly tied dark tarpon fly. Once the switch was made to a gurgler, it was on! chris polled me into a creek we had heard some bait being busted and the tight creek gave me just enough room to make a cast a few seconds after a big explosion took place. Fly lands, strip, strip, strip, explosion, jump, jump, jump, tarpon on! Cool! The activity spooked the rest of the fish in the creek and fine by use as there were about 200 mosquitoes all over us. Another spot produced a snook for me and a couple more bites for us. After tucking into a creek to best avoid a rainstorm, the fishing just exploded in the calm after the rain. Total tally was 1 tarpon on fly, 12 snook, four trout, and well over a dozen missed bites by snook and tarpon as they would explode on the lure but not get hooked. I love a day off!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.MiamiBoneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment