Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 18, 2020 Snookmania Report

I saw the forecast for today and I was truly undecided on whether to fish for bonefish and permit under perfect conditions in Biscayne Bay or fish the perfect tide for Flamingo in the Everglades. Hmmmm, I tossed the idea around in my head and decided to fish the Everglades with John. Well, it worked out just fine thank you! The first spot and a few casts into John throwing a top water lure in about 14" of water got him a massive pop and the rod bent, nice! Minutes later a nice snook came to the boat and it would be the first of many, many snook to get released today. This same spot had produced a ton of redfish a few days ago but they were hard to find today however, I wasn't complaining with all the snook being caught. The next spot not far from the first produced plenty of snook, a few jacks and a couple of trout. So we're less than 30 minutes into our trip and I already have 2/3 of a grand slam. As the tide bottomed out and the incoming tide began to flow we could see redfish cruising in super shallow water but couldn't reach them. After a few more spots I landed a redfish and had my grand slam for the day, snook, trout and redfish on the same trip. This was a very productive all lure no bait day and boy was it a blast!
Capt. Mo Estevez www.miamiboneFishing.com 786-853-1409 Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBoneFishing

No comments:

Post a Comment