Friday, February 25, 2022

Father T and the bonefish February 11, 2022

Joe has fished with me before and today he came with his 80 year old priest "Father T".  Man I want to be like T at 80 years old with high energy, strong and full of life!  They didn't really care what they caught but with good conditions for bonefish we tried that first where T missed two bonefish takes but I couldn't blame him for it, one spit the hook upon the initial take and the second was a hook up and then it was off just as fast.  After this I took them to bend the rods at a few shipwrecks but there were only small fish around.  Hmmm, it's funny how things work.  I was going to take them way south to another wreck and something told me to take them to a nearby channel that has produced for mne as of late.  I power poled down and had T cast jig and shrimp.  Ha, it was fish on every cast including big mangrove snappers, yellow jacks and then the prize.  T hooked a nice bonefish that was working the channel edge and after a long fight cut him off on the rocky edge.  Dang!  I owe you a bonefish T! 




Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment