Saturday, May 21, 2022

Alec is back! May 18, 2022

Alec usually fishes full days with me but today life got in the way and could only do a half day in the afternoon with the goal of just catching fish and use his new GoPro.  I took him to a channel where he caught some snappers and yellow jacks and then moved on to the flats.  Here we pulled double duty, drifting the flats for barracudas and sight fishing for sharks.  We saw a shark, a bait was cast, a little coaxing was required, the shark ate, it was on!  After a great fight Alec was able to get some really cool videos and break in his GoPro.  The trip ended looking for bonefish and to keep the trip stress free I chummed up some bonefish but something REALLY bad happened.  A big stingray ate one of our baits off the bottom, freaked out and swam away really fast and with it went my $300 bonefish spin rod combo.  NO!!!!!!!  How in the world did the rod come out of the rod holder?  I've hooked hundreds of fish off that rod holder.  The expensive mystery remains.  Urgh!! 






Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment