Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sometimes I myself wonder May 10, 2022

After a day off, a cancellation and a couple of rod bending trips I had John on board for a full day of fly fishing.  The day definitely did not have the typical calm wind May conditions.  From the moment we boarded the skiff it was already blowing 10-12 MPH.  Spot one was slow so off to spot two.  Spot two produced yesterday when I had a cancellation and a buddy of mine and I fun fished for a few hours but the bones were picky yesterday.  I needed to figure this out.  With the wind increasing I set John up with a good angle to take shots at passing schools and they came, from all different directions!  Dang man they don't cooperate sometimes.  Anyway, John got a number of bonefish to turn on his fly but not eat at the last minute, had one eat his fly but missed the strip set and got two on spin gear and shrimp before it all slowed down and the wind increased to about 20MPH.  Last stop was the lee of an island where he had some shots at big snook and even had a bonefish try to eat his baitfish pattern a few feet from the boat.  So cool! 

Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing




No comments:

Post a Comment