Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Bi-polar Sunday February 5, 2023

What a great morning and frustrating afternoon.  I had two trips today.  My morning trip was with repeat client Rick and he brought his co-worker Dan along.  The weather was horrible with high winds and almost constant rain.  We fished for 10 minutes and had to head in to the marina for cover.  The radar looked terrible and the wind wouldn't lay down but Dan said "I say we go, we're already wet."  O.K., so off we went back out.  The bonefish were on a tear in spite of the conditions.  Fishing in the rain and almost constant rain bands Dan got 4 bonefish and Rick got his biggest to date as well.  Towards the end of the trip the weather cleared and so I was still on for the afternoon trip.

As Jim and his from jumped aboard at noon I had high hopes for the trip.  The wind was still pretty high but the weather cleared and it wasn't bad at all.  The first hour was bearable with the guys missing a few bonefish takes.  The balance of the trip was absolutely dead.  Where did this come from?  I really wanted these guys to have a nice trip but sometimes the fish out smart me and everyone else.  Urgh! 




Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment