Friday, February 17, 2023

They keep me on my toes February 11, 2023

Fish, they keep me up at night and constantly trying to figure them out.  My morning trip was with Nikko again and his brother Anthony as he wanted to catch his first bonefish.  The trip was fun but fishing was slow until towards the end when Anthony landed a nice 9lb bonefish.  What a way to get broken in to bonefishing!  Something was not quite right today with the fish but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Well, I have an afternoon trip so let's see how that works out.  



My afternoon trip was with Doug and his wife and these were great people.  Well, the wind picked up, not a big deal but something still didn't feel right.  Doug wanted to catch anything on fly so we fished a shallow shipwreck and caught a bunch of small snappers and jacks.  Having bent the fly rod it was time to target bonefish and this is when it all went south.  There were zero bonefish around even in areas that are extremely reliable.  Wow, this was tough!  


Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment