Saturday, May 20, 2023

Tom's Back! May 8, 2023

Man I was really looking forward to redemption with Tom as the first trip was rough.  Well, today was better.  I made a long run to almost Key Largo in order to change the scenery.  We started off looking for tarpon on the oceanside flats and fished a few flats but the tarpon were MIA.  There were a few other skiffs working as well and I never saw them make a cast or point out fish.  Ok, back to bonefish.  This time it worked out.  I saw a stingray and some flashes next to it so I told Tom to cast.  He dropped the fly just right and was on to a bonefish.  Yes!  After a nice fight we released it.  A few minutes later another sting ray, another cast and nothing.  Then I see a mud and before I can tell Tom to recast he was on.  Turns out the mud I saw was a bonefish eating his fly that was sitting on the bottom.  Wow, that was cool!  We had some more shots and shots at a permit before the day was done.  What a relief! 



Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment