Thursday, June 15, 2023

Two days, three trips June 14-15, 2023

On Wednesday I had two trips.  My morning trip was with Gustavo from New Jersey originally from Argentina.  Gustavo has been fly fishing for a while but never in salt water so today was his first salt water fishing trip ever.  He didn't really know what he wanted to catch on fly as he just wanted to check things out.  Well, this time of year the best bet on fly is bonefish so we gave it a shot.  I have to tell you, we worked but after a while Gustavo got a take but missed it.  Hmmm.  Ok.   A bit later he got another take and this time and converted and landed his first saltwater fish, a bonefish on fly.  Are you kidding me?  Towards the end of the trip he added another one quite a bit bigger.  Some guys have all the luck.  Wait, isn't that a song? 



The afternoon I fished with Maya, Jay and Lucas, the first of two trips to accommodate a family of 6.  I took them to a shallow wreck where they caught their first saltwater fish, snappers, chubs and blue runners.  Once the hot action slowed I took them to the flats for some shark fishing and they each caught sharks and Lucas caught a stingray which was a thrill for him.  Cool! 


The second day, today, was with the second half of the family and this time it was with Yurich, Phillip and Tristan.  I took them to two channels, one was fun and the other was dead so off to the flats for sharks and they each caught sharks.  In the end Phillip mentioned everyone caught sharks and had a blast.  Awesome! 






Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment