Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A tale of two trips March 18, 2021

 Tom booked me for two days and today was the first day.  What a great guy and we had a blast fishing out of Homestead.  I took him to a snook spot where we missed a couple of hits and got a nice barracuda.  We wrapped up the day catching a few other species.  


My afternoon trip was with Luke and Eric and things went down hill quick.  I took them to a snook spot but there was way too much fresh water but we caught a few jacks.  Then I took them to a wreck and it was dead.  Off to the flats for shark fishing where we had 6 footers coming in but not eating.  At this point the wind went from 15 MPH to 20 MPH in just a few minutes.  I made a cast to one of the big sharks and he ate but spit the hook during the long run as Luke enjoy his first saltwater fish.  Then off to barracuda fishing where they were acting strange, following the lures but not eating.  At this point the wind cranked up to 25 MPH and the bay full of water from a big high tide got real nasty so we decided to call it a day early and it took me 45 minutes to get back to the marina when it usually takes me 20 minutes.  Wow, that was tough.  


Capt. Mo Estevez

www.MiamiBonefishing.com

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing



No comments:

Post a Comment