Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Today was rough! May 1, 2021

I was fishing with Paul today and his friend Rich for some all around fun fishing.  Paul and I have been fishing for years and being tarpon season that's what we started with.  I located some tarpon but after lots of time and a few tricks they were still unwilling to cooperate.  Switching off to bonefishing we hot the flats and that's when things started to go downhill.  As I set up on a bonefish spot I like a boat starts to idle towards me.  Naw, it's too shallow for the 22 foot cabin cruiser packed with family members, surely he'll stop.  Nope, dude gets off the boat, grabs the anchor line and wades to really shallow spot and throws the anchor, 70 feet from me!  Then the kids get out and start running around, swimming, screaming and running jet skis right by my skiff.  The few bonefish we saw were on edge of course so it was time to move on.  Similar things happened at a few more spots until we found a rare spot that was empty where we caught a few fish before the trip ended.  


Capt. Mo Estevez

www.MiamiBonefishing.com

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment