Thursday, October 14, 2021

And it continues October 10, 2021

 Daniel and his girlfriend Soliene were on board today so Daniel could fly fish for bonefish and make sure Soliene caught fish as she has never fished before.  Wow, talk about two opposites of the fishing spectrum all rolled up in one day.  Anyway, the first bonefish spot was slow so we fished a second one that definitely had fish moving through.  It was still early morning and breezier than forecasted but the fish didn't care.  As Daniel took shots at the bones moving through, being Sunday, a skiff idled right past me blowing all the fish out while another was poling right behind me.  I wish I was kidding.  Well, with the wind kicking up and having missed one bite on fly we switched to spin where Daniel lost three bones.  Ouch!  Really it wasn't his fault it just works that way some times.  With boat traffic increasing and Daniel wanting Soliene to catch fish I netted some bait, hit a wreck and had a blast.  Soliene rocked it with tons of snapper, jacks and big blue runners while Daniel caught a bunch of blue runners on fly and had a big barracuda eat a nice yellow jack he hooked.  It was now time to head back and I'm glad we survived a Sunday in Biscayne Bay.  





Capt. Mo Estevez

http://www.miamibonefishing.com/

786-853-1409

Follow me on Instagram @MiamiBonefishing

No comments:

Post a Comment